Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neobi

Refresh a Power BI Dataset Dynamic DatasetID

I'm currently calling the 'Refresh a dataset' Action from Power Automate which works great when you manually select the Dataset or hardcode the DatasetID (found in the URL). However, we have dozens of Datasets and would like to make this ID dynamic based on previous Flow logic. 

neobi_0-1629587993394.png

You can select the Dataset name from the drop down but when typing in the same string value as the Dataset, I receive an error:

neobi_1-1629588262123.png

How can I make the DatasetID dynamic? I tried calling HTTP GET Request to https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/datasets but it returns a 403, even with the Authentication Bearer token.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As you can see in the screenshot, we are hardcoding the GUID to get around the issue. Since you suggest creating a custom connector, we have decided to store the DatasetIDs in a SharePoint list and query that based on the current client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Red217
Helper III
Helper III

Where you able to resolve this ? , facing the same issue 

moti
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to provide the datased GUID, not its name.  Either have a list of GUIDs or use a Power BI REST API call to enumerate them. You need to register a custom connector/app with the right permissions and swagger definitions for that.

As you can see in the screenshot, we are hardcoding the GUID to get around the issue. Since you suggest creating a custom connector, we have decided to store the DatasetIDs in a SharePoint list and query that based on the current client.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors