Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Issue

Hi Everyone,

Source of data is MySQL and I'm using on premise gateway.
I am facing refresh issue in Power BI service from past 3 days, I am able to refresh data manually i.e from Power BI desktop but my schedule refresh is failing.I even restarted my gateway but I'm still facing this issue. 

Below is my error:

Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:MySQL: Fatal error encountered during command execution.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind:MySql
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath:ls-a91a28979dae1c85e5448ca8499c06464b5b0997.c7jfytqdonry.eu-west-2.rds.amazonaws.com;halsa_read_replica
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message:Fatal error encountered during command execution.
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason:DataSource.Error
Cluster URI:WABI-UK-SOUTH-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:1c5103b8-53cf-40e6-9b7b-b87577b79387
Request ID:a8862e84-7ac9-4641-be8e-c13aa4ce394c
Time:2022-06-15 04:51:37Z

Kindly help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my research, the error is mainly related to the SQL code, you can try the below suggestion:

1. If you set a variable within your query, you need to put it single quotes. Instead of saying @sql, use @'sql'.

Reference: asp.net - Can you use MySQL @ session variables in the C# connector? - Stack Overflow

2. The operator doesn't be used correctly. For instance, MySQL doesn't use "==" as an equality operator: it uses the       SQL standard "=" instead.

Reference: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 12.4.2 Comparison Functions and Operators

3. Adding Allow User Variables = True to the database connection;

Adding ConnectionTimeout and default command timeout in connection.

Reference: mysql - "Fatal error encountered during command execution"  - Stack Overflow

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my research, the error is mainly related to the SQL code, you can try the below suggestion:

1. If you set a variable within your query, you need to put it single quotes. Instead of saying @sql, use @'sql'.

Reference: asp.net - Can you use MySQL @ session variables in the C# connector? - Stack Overflow

2. The operator doesn't be used correctly. For instance, MySQL doesn't use "==" as an equality operator: it uses the       SQL standard "=" instead.

Reference: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 12.4.2 Comparison Functions and Operators

3. Adding Allow User Variables = True to the database connection;

Adding ConnectionTimeout and default command timeout in connection.

Reference: mysql - "Fatal error encountered during command execution"  - Stack Overflow

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi

Please refer the below thread which discussed exact error.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/MySQL-Fatal-error-encountered-during-command-execution/m-p/...

Thanks

Hari

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

My Blog :: YouTube Channel :: My Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors