Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mightydnb
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Failed - Internal Service Error

Hi

My Power BI report links to 4 x XLSX files, and while the Settings section of Data Hub shows no issues (Gateway Connection and Data Source Credentials", I'm receiving the below message on every refresh.

What's more annoying is that the data *does* refresh - the reports appear fully up to date, but I still get the error, which then disables the automatic refresh (annoying when external stakeholders expect an up to date report via Subscription).

Any ideas how to fix please?

Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

2 REPLIES 2
MAwwad
Super User
Super User

To resolve this issue, try the following steps:

1. Check the status of your Power BI gateway to make sure it's online and functioning correctly.
  2. Check the status of your data source credentials to ensure they are correct and up-to-date.
  3. Try to refresh the report manually to see if the error still persists.
  4. If the issue persists, try clearing the cache and restarting the Power BI Desktop application.
  5. If the issue still persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Power BI Desktop application.
  6. If none of the above steps work, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

It's also a good idea to keep an eye on the Power BI service status page for any reported outages or issues that might be affecting the service.

Hi

1,2,3 I think I said in my original post were OK. I still get the error on a manual refresh...but it does work.

How will refreshing the desktop app affect how the online service synchronises with data on our server?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors