Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ImranAslamSSW
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Fail

Hi All,

I facing the below error on my schedule refresh.

Data source errorResource Governing: This operation was canceled because there wasn’t enough memory to finish running it. Either increase the memory of the Premium capacity where this dataset is hosted or reduce the memory footprint of your dataset by doing things like limiting the amount of imported data. More details: consumed memory 16684 MB, memory limit 16679 MB, database size before command execution 8920 MB. Learn more, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2159753

My enviormnent:

Power BI Premium Capacity P1 with autoscaling feature on.

Any one have idea where I need to change the memory or I need to upgrade the capacity to P2..?

Thanks for your kind reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ImranAslamSSW ,

When the data refresh commences but fails to complete, it can be due to several reasons:

• Insufficient memory, even if there is only one model in the Premium capacity, i.e. the model size is very large.
  • Non-capacity reasons, including datasource system disconnection, invalid permissions or gateway error.

Capacity Admins (and Power BI service administrators) can monitor the Refresh Failures due to out of Memory metric.

When additional Premium capacity is required, there are two options:

• Scale-up an existing Premium capacity
  • Add a new Premium capacity

More details: Optimizing Premium capacities 

If you want to upgrade the capacity to P2. Power BI admins and global administrators can change Power BI Premium capacity. Capacity admins who are not a Power BI admin or global administrator don't have this option.

1. Select the capacity name you want to change the size of.

2. Select Change size. You can see.

3. On the Change size screen, upgrade or downgrade your capacity as appropriate.

More details: Change capacity size 

Relevant Document: Configure workloads in a Premium capacity 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ImranAslamSSW ,

When the data refresh commences but fails to complete, it can be due to several reasons:

• Insufficient memory, even if there is only one model in the Premium capacity, i.e. the model size is very large.
  • Non-capacity reasons, including datasource system disconnection, invalid permissions or gateway error.

Capacity Admins (and Power BI service administrators) can monitor the Refresh Failures due to out of Memory metric.

When additional Premium capacity is required, there are two options:

• Scale-up an existing Premium capacity
  • Add a new Premium capacity

More details: Optimizing Premium capacities 

If you want to upgrade the capacity to P2. Power BI admins and global administrators can change Power BI Premium capacity. Capacity admins who are not a Power BI admin or global administrator don't have this option.

1. Select the capacity name you want to change the size of.

2. Select Change size. You can see.

3. On the Change size screen, upgrade or downgrade your capacity as appropriate.

More details: Change capacity size 

Relevant Document: Configure workloads in a Premium capacity 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors