Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ak213213
Frequent Visitor

Publish to web (puplic) not working

Hi, I createad powerbi account with my own companys email (im self-employed no others working for me). I try to publish report on website. However when I choose File->Embedded report->Publish to web (public) I get the error message as below. I dont have admin so this is weird. 

Contact your admin to enable embed code creation
To publish this report on the web, ask your Power BI admin if they will allow you to create new publish to web embed codes. Once they turn that on, you will be able to publish this report to the web.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I think this problem is related to that I have godaddy email account that i used but i couldnt sign in to o365 account with that email to give admin rights. I created another o365 account and trialed powerbi, then it worked.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ak213213 

As @aj1973 mentioned by default I think this might be disabled.

Here is what this setting looks like when enabled in the Power BI Admin portal:

GilbertQ_0-1693173579544.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ak213213 

Indeed, you should contact the Admin Tenant of Power BI to enable the functionality for you.

This is in Power BI Admin portal if you're yourself the Admin 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi, thanks for your repply. I dont see settings in admin portal. i see only capacity settings. When i tried to sign in to office 365 admin portal it says i dont have account. 

ak213213_1-1693204941437.png

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Because you are not Admin of the tenant.

Here is a tenant Admin Portal

aj1973_0-1693223429883.png

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-portal-about-tenant-settings

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi, yes, but who is? This is my own company and there is no one else. So there is no one to contact 🙂 I cant even contact microsoft and my email is not accepted to get on office 365 admin center. 

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am assuming you are using a trial version aren't you? If so then you need to pay for the service.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi, I think this problem is related to that I have godaddy email account that i used but i couldnt sign in to o365 account with that email to give admin rights. I created another o365 account and trialed powerbi, then it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors