Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

maratonka

Premium per User Free Trial - How to cancel

Hi there!

I accidentally got the premium user trial but I didn't meant to. I want to cancel it. 

It says that I have 18 days remaining but no option to cancel it. How do I make sure I don't move to the Premium User level after the trial ends?

Thanks!

Maya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maratonka 

There is no option to cancel the PPU trial. After the trial expires, it will not upgrage to PPU license automatically. You need to purchase the license if you want to upgrade. 

You can always click your profile picture to find out which licenses you have. Don't worry about that.

031503.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It will revert to a Free license post expiry. No way to cancel it as of now unless the O365 tenant admin unassigns Power Bi completely from the user account.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maratonka 

There is no option to cancel the PPU trial. After the trial expires, it will not upgrage to PPU license automatically. You need to purchase the license if you want to upgrade. 

You can always click your profile picture to find out which licenses you have. Don't worry about that.

031503.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

@v-jingzhang I am a pro user. Will canceling the trial licence affect all of these, since this is the warning I get when I try to cancel the trial? I use first 4 features as a pro user, and affects my work if I loose those capabilities. Last one I am not concerned about. Thanks

shwetzash_0-1657055544119.png

Yes, Please do not cancel unless you move all the datasets and reports to "My workspace" as that is the only workspace you can access as a free license user. 

you will lose access to all other workspaces, datasets, reports and capability to share them if you cancel the pro license 

I am licensed Pro User. In that event does this apply "you will lose access to all other workspaces, datasets, reports and capability to share them if you cancel the pro license "?

Thanks

yes you would not be able to access any other workspace than "MyWorkspace" once you cancel the pro. So please move everything to MyWorkspace.

I am a licenced Pro user, and my concern is regarding PPU trial. I will have the existing PRO license active. Will that affect the above capability if I cancel PPU trial?

Hi @shwetzash 

It will not affect the above capabilities if you cancel the PPU trial. Your Pro license is still active so you can use the above capabilities. Below is my license info. My PPU trial has expired but my Pro license is still working. I can create workspaces and share reports/datasets with my colleagues normally. The capabilities you are concerned are all included in Pro license. Don't worry about that. 

vjingzhang_0-1657276554310.png

Best regards,

Jing

Hi @shwetzash 

If I understand it correctly, you have a Pro license and experience the Permium Per User Free Trial at the same time right? If so, cancelling the PPU Free Trial will not affect the features for a Pro license. The first 4 features are available for a Pro license, so they won't be affected.

But I recommend that you read the Considerations and limitations section in this document first. If you have used some features that are only available with PPU, you cannot access those contents after you cancel the trial. 

Best regards,

Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors