Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

panantonioblanc
Frequent Visitor

Premium Capacity - Embedded theme colors not working

When we embed a Dashboard in our web application the tile theme colors we chose in the Power BI Service are not being applied. For nearly a year everything was working fine until about a week ago, when suddenly all the tile background colors changed to white without warning. Despite what we change the colors to in the Service, the changes will not apply and they are just white when we embed the Dashboard. The Dashboard is our landing page so we want the Dashboard color theme to match the theme of our web app. 

Here is some troubleshooting info:

• This is only affecting the tile background color. The Dashboard background color is still being applied correctly. 
  • Even after changing the Dashboard theme between Light, Dark and Custom the problem persists. 
  • We are testing using Edge version 83
  • It could be a regional issue. We in the United States are seeing this problem, but our developers in India are not

Embedded in our web appEmbedded in our web appPower BI ServicePower BI Service

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @panantonioblanc ,

Have the United States coworkers tried  to use another browser to view the dashboard?It seems a browser issue...

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @panantonioblanc ,

Have the United States coworkers tried  to use another browser to view the dashboard?It seems a browser issue...

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

We checked this morning and the themes are working again in our embedded Dashboard! They are working in Edge v83, IE and Chrome. I don't know if you guys ran any fixes but thank you!!!!

Just wanted to comment on this thread that I've been having this issue today as well!  I have a report that has a line chart on using a custom-made theme and after the 8th color in the theme, the colors go back to random rainbow colors as opposed to the theme we've designed for Power BI - any thoughts?  I'm using Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors