cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blondyvl
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBi licence

I have a PowerBi pro licence, the dataset and report is saved in my workspace, however whenever i try to share the dashboard with a member of staff with only a free licence, they can not view the dashboard. It says that that they need a PowerBi pro licence.  When I originally created the dashboard I used a trial of the premium licence, anyone I sent the link to could view the dashboard.  Please can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Blondyvl 

Because of the 2nd point below, you can't do that with Pro

Power BI Premium

Power BI Premium is the enterprise-level tool. It is licensed by computing power, meaning you pay for the amount of power/speed your organisation will need based on your usage expectations.

There are a few key differences between Power BI Pro and Premium, which include:

• Widespread distribution of content to data consumers, without the need for Pro Licenses
  • A number of increases to usage limits, such as dataset size, storage, and data refreshes
  • Store Power BI data in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
  • AI-powered data modeling using AutoML, Cognitive Services, and Azure Machine Learning

Regards,

Ritesh

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help, is there a big difference in the cost of premium to pro? 

I need to work out the cost of all users having pro or purchasing one premium licence. 

5 REPLIES 5
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

More content >>>Solved: Licence options - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks,

Ritesh

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Blondyvl 

Here you go Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Please mark the answer so that it can help others as well

Regards,

Ritesh

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Blondyvl 

Because of the 2nd point below, you can't do that with Pro

Power BI Premium

Power BI Premium is the enterprise-level tool. It is licensed by computing power, meaning you pay for the amount of power/speed your organisation will need based on your usage expectations.

There are a few key differences between Power BI Pro and Premium, which include:

• Widespread distribution of content to data consumers, without the need for Pro Licenses
  • A number of increases to usage limits, such as dataset size, storage, and data refreshes
  • Store Power BI data in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
  • AI-powered data modeling using AutoML, Cognitive Services, and Azure Machine Learning

Regards,

Ritesh

Thank you for your help, is there a big difference in the cost of premium to pro? 

I need to work out the cost of all users having pro or purchasing one premium licence. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2022 update 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the August 2022 updates!

August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors