Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Blondyvl
Resolver I
Resolver I

PowerBi licence

I have a PowerBi pro licence, the dataset and report is saved in my workspace, however whenever i try to share the dashboard with a member of staff with only a free licence, they can not view the dashboard. It says that that they need a PowerBi pro licence.  When I originally created the dashboard I used a trial of the premium licence, anyone I sent the link to could view the dashboard.  Please can anyone help me with this problem. Thanks 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Blondyvl 

Because of the 2nd point below, you can't do that with Pro

Power BI Premium

Power BI Premium is the enterprise-level tool. It is licensed by computing power, meaning you pay for the amount of power/speed your organisation will need based on your usage expectations.

There are a few key differences between Power BI Pro and Premium, which include:

• Widespread distribution of content to data consumers, without the need for Pro Licenses
  • A number of increases to usage limits, such as dataset size, storage, and data refreshes
  • Store Power BI data in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
  • AI-powered data modeling using AutoML, Cognitive Services, and Azure Machine Learning

Regards,

Ritesh

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help, is there a big difference in the cost of premium to pro? 

I need to work out the cost of all users having pro or purchasing one premium licence. 

5 REPLIES 5
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

More content >>>Solved: Licence options - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks,

Ritesh

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Blondyvl 

Here you go Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Please mark the answer so that it can help others as well

Regards,

Ritesh

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Blondyvl 

Because of the 2nd point below, you can't do that with Pro

Power BI Premium

Power BI Premium is the enterprise-level tool. It is licensed by computing power, meaning you pay for the amount of power/speed your organisation will need based on your usage expectations.

There are a few key differences between Power BI Pro and Premium, which include:

• Widespread distribution of content to data consumers, without the need for Pro Licenses
  • A number of increases to usage limits, such as dataset size, storage, and data refreshes
  • Store Power BI data in Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
  • AI-powered data modeling using AutoML, Cognitive Services, and Azure Machine Learning

Regards,

Ritesh

Thank you for your help, is there a big difference in the cost of premium to pro? 

I need to work out the cost of all users having pro or purchasing one premium licence. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors