Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SaCvP125
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Pro License Doubts - AutoRefresh and Dashboard Sharing

Hi all,

I want to buy PowerBI Pro license but I've some doubts.

Imagine this scenario:

• We can only use the auto refresh 8x per day but if each user click on the refresh button it will make an update of data?
  • Considring that I have 2 reports on my disk:
    • Report A
    • Report B
    • I want to send report A to my organization and the other to my customer.
    • Can I share the report A on PowerBI Service and ensure that my customer don't see report A using PowerBI Pro?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SaCvP125,

• We can only use the auto refresh 8x per day but if each user click on the refresh button it will make an update of data?

Yes. 

There are several ways to share reports with your organization members and customers. You could have a look at below articles:

How should I collaborate and share dashboards and reports in Power BI?

Share your Power BI dashboards with coworkers and others

• Can I share the report A on PowerBI Service and ensure that my customer don't see report A using PowerBI Pro?

If you don't share report A with customer and give access to them, they won't be able to view report A even they sign in service with Power BI Pro license.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SaCvP125,

Yes. 

There are several ways to share reports with your organization members and customers. You could have a look at below articles:

How should I collaborate and share dashboards and reports in Power BI?

Share your Power BI dashboards with coworkers and others

If you don't share report A with customer and give access to them, they won't be able to view report A even they sign in service with Power BI Pro license.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors