Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shtak
Helper I
Helper I

PowerBI Apps/Workspaces and MS Teams / access rights

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a team on MS Teams to place a manual of a certain PowerBI report.

Basic idea: PowerBI and MS Teams relation can help.

I can create a team on MS Teams using "create a team group", where I find some PowerBI apps/workspaces on the group list on the "create a team group" dialogue, and somehow don't find other PowerBI apps/workspaces.

I have 2 questions:

- Does the team created from above procedure have the same access rights with the PowerBI report?
       e.g. The same users can access the files on the team as the PowerBI users' rights?

- What is the difference between the apps/workspaces that appear on the groups of "create from group" and that doesn't?

Any help welcome,

Shinya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shtak ,

When you create a Microsoft/Office 365 group in Microsoft 365 Admin Center, select the option "Create a team for this group". Then, a corresponding team will generate in Teams. After you add members to the Microsoft/Office 365 group, a corresponding classic workspace will generate in Power BI Service. Then, you can use Power BI tab to Collaborate in Microsoft Teams with Power BI.

team.PNG

groups.PNGtab.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shtak ,

When you create a Microsoft/Office 365 group in Microsoft 365 Admin Center, select the option "Create a team for this group". Then, a corresponding team will generate in Teams. After you add members to the Microsoft/Office 365 group, a corresponding classic workspace will generate in Power BI Service. Then, you can use Power BI tab to Collaborate in Microsoft Teams with Power BI.

team.PNG

groups.PNGtab.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

shtak
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry for typo: "create a team group" -> "create a team from groups"

It seems that 

The group appears on teams creation on Teams when built by Workspace V2, while doesn't appear when built by V1

https://radacad.com/workspace-v2-of-power-bi-what-are-advantages-vs-old-version

V2 is a newer version with some useful features.

If so, does anybody know if there is a way to synchronize the access rights between as follows?

- PowerBI workspace/app

and

- Teams or SharePoint where we place documents(e.g. manuals) related to the workspace report

So that we can reduce the work of granting the same access rights to the different places(PowerBI and Teams/Sharepoint)

Regards,

Shinya

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors