Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Shubhangi

Power BI tootip

I would like if Microsoft provides user the option to view the visual without tooltip if he desires as tooltip obstructs the complete view of the visual at the same time it provides relevant imp details of the specific data point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Shubhangi 

Thanks for the reply from @SamInogic , please allow me to provide another insight: 

After my testing, it is possible to disable the report's tooltip on service. Here is my testing procedure for your reference:

Method 1:

You can just set the user who needs to share to the role of the workspace that corresponds to the report, which needs to be contributor and above, that way he can make changes to that report. However, this way will let that user see all the reports and semantic models in that workspace.

vxuxinyimsft_16-1714631100363.png

vxuxinyimsft_17-1714631135819.png

vxuxinyimsft_18-1714631157300.png

For more details about Roles in workspace, you can read related document link: Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Method 2:

You can copy a copy of the report to a new workspace, invite the user to become a contributor in the workspace, and then assign the user write access to the semantic model for this report.

vxuxinyimsft_19-1714631215493.png

vxuxinyimsft_20-1714631304308.png

vxuxinyimsft_21-1714631319638.png

vxuxinyimsft_22-1714631333197.png

This way, changes made by this user to the report copy will not affect the original report.

vxuxinyimsft_23-1714631407335.png

vxuxinyimsft_24-1714631434306.png

For more details about semantic model permissions, you can read related document link: Semantic model permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Please feel free to let me know if I have misunderstood you or if you have any questions about this.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Shubhangi 

Thanks for the reply from @SamInogic , please allow me to provide another insight: 

After my testing, it is possible to disable the report's tooltip on service. Here is my testing procedure for your reference:

Method 1:

You can just set the user who needs to share to the role of the workspace that corresponds to the report, which needs to be contributor and above, that way he can make changes to that report. However, this way will let that user see all the reports and semantic models in that workspace.

vxuxinyimsft_16-1714631100363.png

vxuxinyimsft_17-1714631135819.png

vxuxinyimsft_18-1714631157300.png

For more details about Roles in workspace, you can read related document link: Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Method 2:

You can copy a copy of the report to a new workspace, invite the user to become a contributor in the workspace, and then assign the user write access to the semantic model for this report.

vxuxinyimsft_19-1714631215493.png

vxuxinyimsft_20-1714631304308.png

vxuxinyimsft_21-1714631319638.png

vxuxinyimsft_22-1714631333197.png

This way, changes made by this user to the report copy will not affect the original report.

vxuxinyimsft_23-1714631407335.png

vxuxinyimsft_24-1714631434306.png

For more details about semantic model permissions, you can read related document link: Semantic model permissions - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Please feel free to let me know if I have misunderstood you or if you have any questions about this.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Shubhangi

Hi @SamInogic,

I am asking to provide the option to turn on/off tooltip of the visual after I publish the power bi report in service. Sometimes, tooltips are big due to inclusion of chart in the tooltip and they overlap the visuals. So end user who is using report to derive insights should be able to turn it off if he thinks that it is obstructing the visual so that he is not able to view it completely at a time.  I hope I am ablDear @SamInogic,

I kindly request the option to turn on/off tooltips for the visual in Power BI reports published in the service. In some cases, tooltips can be too big and obscure the visuals, making it difficult for the end user to view them completely. Therefore, it would be beneficial if the end user could turn off the tooltip to avoid obstructing the visual and derive insights more efficiently.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.Dear @SamInogic,

I kindly request the option to turn on/off tooltips for the visual in Power BI reports published in the service. In some cases, tooltips can be somewhat big and obscure the visuals, making it difficult for the end user to view them completely. Therefore, it would be beneficial if the end user could turn off the tooltip to avoid obstructing the visual and derive insights more efficiently.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

SamInogic
Super User
Super User

Hi @Shubhangi 

As per our understanding, you want the tooltip for Power BI Visual to be turned on or off based on requirements.

So, Power BI already can turn the Tooltip on or off based on user requirements. You can refer to the below reference screenshot for the same,

SamInogic_0-1714375310610.png

Thanks!

Inogic Professional Service Division

An expert technical extension for your techno-functional business needs

Power Platform/Dynamics 365 CRM

Drop an email at crm@inogic.com

Service:  http://www.inogic.com/services/ 

Power Platform/Dynamics 365 CRM Tips and Tricks:  http://www.inogic.com/blog/

Inogic Professional Services: Power Platform/Dynamics 365 CRM
An expert technical extension for your techno-functional business needs
Drop an email at crm@inogic.com
Service: https://www.inogic.com/services/
Tips and Tricks: https://www.inogic.com/blog/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors