Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SabrinaBakir
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Service integration with Microsoft Teams

I'm facing an issue related to Row-Level Security, I'm applying RLS on a report in Power BI Service based on Email Address list, it is working correctly but when integrating the report to MS Teams, it won't apply the RLS (showing all the data)

Appreciate your help.

1 REPLY 1
johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@SabrinaBakir 

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with Row-Level Security (RLS) not being applied when integrating a Power BI report into Microsoft Teams. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Verify RLS Configuration: Double-check your RLS configuration in the Power BI report to ensure that it is correctly filtering data based on the user's email address. Make sure that the RLS rules are properly defined and applied to the datasets used in the report.

2. Refresh the Dataset: Ensure that the dataset in Power BI has been refreshed after applying the RLS rules. Sometimes, changes to RLS settings may require a dataset refresh for the changes to take effect.

3. Check Permissions: Confirm that the users accessing the report in Microsoft Teams have the necessary permissions to view the underlying dataset. They should have at least "Viewer" access to the dataset in Power BI to see the filtered data based on RLS rules.

4. Review Microsoft Teams Integration: If you're using a Power BI tab in Microsoft Teams to display the report, ensure that the integration settings are configured correctly. Check if there are any specific settings or configurations related to RLS that need to be enabled for the report to work properly within Teams.

5. Test in Power BI Service: Test the report directly in Power BI Service outside of Microsoft Teams to see if RLS is applied correctly there. This can help isolate whether the issue is specific to the Teams integration or if it's a broader RLS configuration issue.

6. Check for Known Issues: Check the Power BI documentation and community forums for any known issues or limitations related to RLS and Microsoft Teams integration. There may be specific considerations or workarounds that you need to be aware of.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors