Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

VickyDev18
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Service down in Central US?

It seems like there's something wrong with the Power BI Service, at least in the Central US region. 

None of my dashboards load and I am unable to connect to the dataset within Service from Power BI Desktop. Is waiting the only option or is there a way to report such issues.

Per this link Microsoft Fabric Support and Status | Microsoft Fabric everything is alright but it doesn't work. I've check with other users within the company too and they are experiencing the same. 

I'm able to interact with service, issues seems to be just with the data model. VickyDev18_0-1687369698199.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We are back up and running in all environments...so far.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
glopreto
Frequent Visitor

this happen again?

I spot checked a few people & mine seems to be ok.

We've been down for over 30 mins-  but I just tried refreshing and a few loaded.  So think we're back up

Happening to us too, again.

I am getting the same errors and service issues as before as well

TripleR

I'm having the same problem in Emerson, AR.  I tried to load the payroll hours and they are missing alot of hours, especially on Saturday and Sunday of this past week.

SethB
Advocate II
Advocate II

We are experiencing the same issue with the data model as well. Oddly enough our Dev workspace works fine but the Production and Test workspaces are running into this issue.

mmscarpello94
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue. Got the following error message "The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support."

WillDrotar
Helper I
Helper I

Same here. They sent out a "Power BI Service Health Notification" a few minutes ago that they're investigating an issue.

Is this something Tenant Admins receive?

Service health - Microsoft 365 admin center (office.com)

You'll need to be a Power BI/Fabric admin (not O365), and it's under Power BI. It should let you subscribe to the issue

I'm not an admin and our admin is out of office. I'm assuming there are others in a similar situation as me.

Would you mind updating this thread once Microsoft indicates that the issue has been resolved or provides an ETA? 

"Current status: As a result of our continued recovery actions, we've confirmed via telemetry that a subset of the affected infrastructure has returned to a healthy state. We'll continue our remediation efforts for the remaining portion of affected infrastructure and will provide additional information as it becomes available." 

Working again for us here. 

From IT:

Hi Rhonda,

Due to a Peoplesoft upgrade that occurred over the weekend, the EDM data mart had an issue and the payroll hours have not updated.

I will let you know when the fix is completed.

Sharlene

Sure will.  I put in a Cherwell ticket and will let you know if we hear anything.

StevenJ

Same issue with us.

We are back up and running in all environments...so far.

powerbiatomic_c

Same thing here.  I've tried clicking on multiple reports in various workspaces and it goes into a loading mode that never completes.

glopreto
Frequent Visitor

We are also in Central US and experiencing no reports loading

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors