Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

waltheed
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Power BI Resource file

Hi all,

I am a Dutch Power BI user, and I am not too happy with some of the Dutch translations in Power BI Desktop.

Labels for Cards for example that show 24K (in English) for a value of 24000 are show as 24Duizenden (that means "Thousands") . Also on Chart axis the labels are too long. And the automatic labels on charts are translated wrong: e.g. "Sales by Customer" becomes "Sales bij Customer". See my blog post (in Dutch) about this.

I found that for Power BI Desktop you can change the translations in a resource file: strings.resjson. That works fine for Power Bi Desktop, but after you publish it, the resource file is not used of course. Is there a way to make your own changes to the resource file in the service, or can someone from the Power BI Team make these changes?

It would also be nice if you could specify the language of the published reports, as field names may be in English, the related labels (like "by" in "Sales by Customer") should also be English.

Cheers, Edgar Walther
ITsmart BI and Analytics consultant
1 REPLY 1
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Have you submitted feedback in the Service using the menu option to do so? I am sure translation errors count as bugs in the Service.

It's great to share experience and advice with one another in the forums, but the feedback menu options are there explicity for bug reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors