Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous_
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Pro license vs Non-pro users

I do understand that as of 2021, a pro user could not share dashboards published on the service with non-pro users, but has there been any update on that front?

Can a pro user share a published dashboard with a non-pro user? How can a pro user share published dashboards and their link with a non-pro user?

Many Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

You need to have a premium capacity or use publish to web (where everyone can see the report) to share with a non-Pro user.

abdulalim-da
Frequent Visitor

By default, a newly created workspace has a Pro. License mode. If the workspace owner or any other user who has a fabric, admin, member, or contributor license access can share the published report/dashboard with a non-pro user.

To share the report, you just need to click the share icon of the report and then share it with your user.

abdulalimda_0-1698658051884.png

Check out the Microsoft documentation.

abdulalimda_2-1698658398382.png

Did my answer help you or lead you to a solution? If so, please consider marking my response as a solution and giving kudos 👍

Thank you!

Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

I think Pro users cannot share anything with non-pro users unless the report or whatever is in a workspace backed by a Premium capacity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors