Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power BI Pro. created Basic Workflow and All my work has disappeared

I have just spent ALL day working on a basic Dataflow (Power BI Pro workspace) so only basic stuff.

I have saved it repeatedly.

Then 10 minutes ago I reopened it up and most of the work has gone. In fact the only thing in it is the few original tables I added. Every transformation. Gone. All the later tables gone.

Im utterly furious and I dont understand because I have been repeatedly saving the dataflow.

What is beyond frustrating is, I cant even say why its happened. Has anyone had this happen to them? Are there any tips? can I get it back?

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @DebbieE 

While I can certainly understand this is extremely frustration that you have lost all your work, what I typically do would is to use the power BI desktop with power query and work on all my transformations I want in power query. Once that is done, I will then go into the advanced editor, copy the code and put that into a blank window in my data flow. Hopefully in that way you would not lose all your work.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ill do that. thank you.

You really shouldnt have to though. Thats a real design flaw

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors