Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ellac
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Paginated report - Report Processing Error for subscription

Hi!

I have some issues rendering a Power BI Paginated Report. Background about the report:

- Data source: AAS

- Distributed in Power BI Service in Premium Capacity

- Subscriptions set to several AD groups for different sets of parameters

- The report is set to render every Monday morning

This morning four different versions of the report was supposed to run, but only two of them was successful. For the other two I got the following error message. I'm sure that I have specified all the parameters in the report.

ellac_1-1647243317463.png

I really don't know why I get these error messages...? My solution is to re-render the report for the parameters that got the error, in the Power BI Service, and then run it for the subscriptions - and then it works. Any ideas on why this happens? It's a bit annoying to have to do this manual rendering, when the subscriptions should work automatically. Thanks in advance!

/Ella

4 REPLIES 4
stj

I got a very similar error message. Solved by uncheckning "Preview Image" in the subscription settings.

ellac
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

Thanks for your answer!

I understand your point, but the problem is that I don't pass an empty string, at least not on purpose. I have a theory that this problem occurs when I modify the subscription and/or the report in some way. I always rerun the report for each subscription when it's updated (modified in PBI report builder and then published to PBI service), to make sure that there are no errors with the "new" report and its parameters.

My solution this far is to delete the subscription and then create a new one and set up the subscription information all over again.

I'm so confused about this problem right now so I no longer know what the cause is and what the effect of all this is...

Anyways, thanks for your answer! I will post here if I come up with a solution.

/Ella

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ellac ,

By my reserch, if you pass parameter value as empty string like parameter = "" it will give you that error.

If you really need to pass a blank string as value, you can do the folowing:

• open Parameter Properties (right click your parameter on Report Data panel);
  • mark the Allow blank value ("") checkbox.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please considerAccept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi again @v-yanjiang-msft,

I double-checked now, and all my parameters allow blank values. And the error still keeps on coming. Any help is appreciated, this error makes me so confused...

/Ella

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors