Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Antdevton79
Frequent Visitor

Problem saving after editing reports in PBI service

Hello,

I'm unable to save after editing a report in a workspace in PowerBI Service.

I don't even have an error report, the page becomes grey and stays like that.

Any issues to solve the problem ?

Thank you,

Antoine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Antdevton79 ,

May I know whether this issue still exist? If you switch to another browser, will you get same issue? Is this issue happening on all your reports in current workspace or just a specific report? Which region does your tenant in? I found an ICM for a similar issue which is investigating by the product team but I need these info to confirm whether it is applicable to you. Thanks in advance!

Also, there is a solution that might help you. Please let another admin of this workspace removing you from the workspace and add you back after waiting for a while. Then, use this REST API to refresh your permission to the workspace. After a period of successfully running this API, please go back to the workspace and try again.

Users - Refresh User Permissions - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Mhya
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I am experiencing the same issue for all my reports in the workspace where I am an admin, I used to be able to do changes in the reports before the Power BI June updates. I receive an error like this if I try to edit and save in the Power Bi Service: 

Mhya_0-1688394855586.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Antdevton79 @Player_Red ,

Thanks for your reply! There is an ICM(299123224) for resemble issue. Some users in North Europe cannot edit and save specific reports PBI Service even they are admins of the workspace. I will follow up it and sync here once there is any update. But if it’s urgent for you, you’d better creating a support ticket as Anand24 said. After that, there will be a technical engineer to help you on this issue and they will escalate it to internal team with required info when necessary to accelerate the resolve of this issue. Thanks for your understating!

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Thank you very much

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Antdevton79 ,

May I know whether this issue still exist? If you switch to another browser, will you get same issue? Is this issue happening on all your reports in current workspace or just a specific report? Which region does your tenant in? I found an ICM for a similar issue which is investigating by the product team but I need these info to confirm whether it is applicable to you. Thanks in advance!

Also, there is a solution that might help you. Please let another admin of this workspace removing you from the workspace and add you back after waiting for a while. Then, use this REST API to refresh your permission to the workspace. After a period of successfully running this API, please go back to the workspace and try again.

Users - Refresh User Permissions - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Hi,

Here are the answers :

- If you switch to another browser, will you get same issue? Yes

- Is this issue happening on all your reports in current workspace or just a specific report? On all reports

- Which region does your tenant in? Belgium

I'm the only admin of the workspace.

Thanx for your help.

Antoine

@Antdevton79 ,
I feel the best way forward would be to raise ticket with MS Support team. They can check logs and let you know what changed or what's the issue.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

We are also having this issue with the grey screen appearing for all users. I have provided responses to the questions below.

If you switch to another browser, will you get same issue? Yes issue is across different browsers.

Is this issue happening on all your reports in current workspace or just a specific report? This is the only report used on the workspace.

Which region does your tenant in? UK/EU.

Thanks

Player_Red
Regular Visitor

Also having this issue - is there any solution to the problem?

Anand24
Super User
Super User

@Antdevton79 ,

Strange !!! Seems to be a bug.

You can do the below things in current scenario:

1. Check with Admin if anything has been changed by them in the last couple of days

2. Check if the issue is only with your user or other users are also facing the same issue of not being able to save now

3. Raise a ticket with MS Support; Only they can check the logs and let you know the actual issue

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

Antdevton79
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm the creator of the workspace.

I was able to save it earlier. It won't work since a couple of days.

I deleted the cache of the browser but without any success.

Any other ideas ?

Thanx

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Antdevton79 ,

What role do you have in the workspace? Also, were you able to save it earlier?

Please try to do save the report by opening it in incognito browser mode. Sometimes cache creates issue. 

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors