Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mohanad-Mustafa
Advocate III
Advocate III

Power BI License Inquiry (Online Platform)

Hello Team,

If I have Power BI Pro license and I have created workspaces and then created reports in these workspaces. 

My users will only have read-only access for viewing purposes, they will not be able to create/adjust any content.

1- Can a free power BI user in my organization access these reports that I share with them? If yes, are there 

limitations for them when they access? For instance, are they able to download reports to excel if they have free licenses?

2- What are the limitations for free users when they access power bi online reports that I shared with them for viewing purposes only/no collaboration needed?

3- Are they able to access those reports using the power bi mobile app just for viewing purposes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Free users will not be able to access the workspace at all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Free users will not be able to access the workspace at all.

Ok thanks 

Mohanad-Mustafa
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, to be honest, I am hoping to know what are the limitations for users with free licenses when they view the reports in Power BI online. I am not planning to create apps for users to collaborate, I just want them to see te reports , als we will not have premium capacity, its just me who creates the reports from a stored dataset in Power BI workspace, (Not My Workspace) and I am the only one that will have Pro license. 

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks again 

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mohanad-Mustafa ,

If you only have a pro license and your organization does not have a premium capacity, then each user that accesses the report also needs a pro license. It does not matter if it is read only. Here is some additional information:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-features-license-type#power-bi-servi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors