Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mohanad-Mustafa
Advocate III
Advocate III

Power BI License Inquiry (Online Platform)

Hello Team,

If I have Power BI Pro license and I have created workspaces and then created reports in these workspaces. 

My users will only have read-only access for viewing purposes, they will not be able to create/adjust any content.

1- Can a free power BI user in my organization access these reports that I share with them? If yes, are there 

limitations for them when they access? For instance, are they able to download reports to excel if they have free licenses?

2- What are the limitations for free users when they access power bi online reports that I shared with them for viewing purposes only/no collaboration needed?

3- Are they able to access those reports using the power bi mobile app just for viewing purposes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Free users will not be able to access the workspace at all.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Free users will not be able to access the workspace at all.

Ok thanks 

Mohanad-Mustafa
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, to be honest, I am hoping to know what are the limitations for users with free licenses when they view the reports in Power BI online. I am not planning to create apps for users to collaborate, I just want them to see te reports , als we will not have premium capacity, its just me who creates the reports from a stored dataset in Power BI workspace, (Not My Workspace) and I am the only one that will have Pro license. 

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks again 

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mohanad-Mustafa ,

If you only have a pro license and your organization does not have a premium capacity, then each user that accesses the report also needs a pro license. It does not matter if it is read only. Here is some additional information:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/service-features-license-type#power-bi-servi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors