Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lapres
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Git Integration issue

1. There are some uncommitted objects, but the detailed listing is not showing

lapres_0-1688411518442.png

16 REPLIES 16
cory-shyft
Regular Visitor

I'm getting same issue, I've tried to disconnect my workspace from the git then reconnect. When I attempt a reconnect I'm asked if I want to sync workspace to git or git to workspace (I've tried both). Still get same error message when I sync them.

coryshyft_0-1689262729503.png

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

We have resolved a few related bugs, so you should be able to successfully connect your workspace. 

If you are still facing this issue, kindly provide us with recent error logs and a detailed description of the actions you are taking so that we can thoroughly investigate the matter.

lapres
Frequent Visitor

My workspace contains over 80 objects (report and dataset only), i am not sure if it hits the limits or the git sync operation timeout

It might be hitting the commit size limits, but you should get a better error in this case.

were you able to commit all your 80 objects manually in a single commit?

No, I got the error when I initially connected the workspace to git repos. Then, all 80 objects become uncommitted status and show in the list. I have to sync in the batch of 5 items at a time.

However, even I can commit all objects into the repos. The source control status still takes ages to load.

lapres_0-1688542246835.png

So, is now everything OK? is the problem that it takes a lot of time to load, or something is still not working?

Are you eventually able to work with the workspace and git?

Not really, the source control status never comes back. Even if it comes back with the uncommitted figure, the list can be empty. 

Got it.

If you can share any traces, that would help us investigate the issue.

Please advise how I can collect any traces. Should I share the detail via support email? 

How to collect a network trace | Microsoft Learn

Sure, through support will work best. You can also send directly to me if it doesn't work.

May I have your email address? I shall attach the screen dump and traces for your investigation.

Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@lapres it might be a bug.

Can you share a screenshot of the entire screen? and also what exists in the connected branch.

Thanks,

I am not able to share the whole screenshot due to privacy. The connected branch contains all my dataset and report objects. However, I got an error during the first time sync and I have to sync the file individually into repos.

Error msg like this:

lapres_0-1688540125165.png

lapres
Frequent Visitor

no luck. I leave it for the whole morning and the listing is still not updated

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @lapres 

Is it not possible that it is updates that are coming through?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I sent my traces and screen dump for investigation. It likely is a bug and the Power BI engineering team is following up the case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors