Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Power BI Gateway Entreprise - Registration Issue

Hi Community,

I have an on-premise sql database to which many reports are connected, these reports were created by different users.

To keep these reports up to date I tended to install the Entreprise Gateway, once I launch the installation and enter my credentials I get the below error message:

System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.EnterpriseGatewayConfigurator.ConfiguratorClientExtensions.<GetClusterUri>d__0.MoveNext()

I am tagging here the Top 3 Kudoed Authors (Last Month) @GilbertQ  @collinq @selimovd and respect to all the community members. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated 

Thank you in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You appear to using a very old version of the Gateway, when I try and install it I get the following with the updated images

GilbertQ_0-1627522439867.png

Please download and install it from here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2116849&clcid=0x409

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Hi @DataVitalizer ,

As @GilbertQ pointed out, it appears you are using a version of gateway from 2016.  Please use the link that he sent to you.  After it is installed, you are able to determine which users can modify the gateway as gateway admins.

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @DataVitalizer ,

You mentioned that you are entering your userid in the gateway.  But, if this is multiple sources it would probably be better to have a service account in the gateway that has access to everything and not dependent on your account (this is also a good thing if your password has to change at any time).

The message seems to indicate that the isntallation/configuration wasn't completed correctly.  Has the server that you installed the gateway on been updated as well (it is entirely possible that the gateway is using a version of .net or other bits that the server has to be updated with to work properly)?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @DataVitalizer 

I agree with @collinq said I would make sure that your server has got the minimum requirements installed

Install an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

I would then make sure you have got the lastest version of the On-Premise Gateway installed (if you have a current version possibly un-install and then install the latest version)

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2116849&clcid=0x409 

Power BI Blog

Hi @collinq@GilbertQ 

Thank you for your reply,

I am trying to install it on win10, otherwise for the other requirements I confirm that they are respected (SSD, .Net Framework4.8)

Thank you in advance. 

Hi @collinq , @GilbertQ 

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @DataVitalizer ,

Have you totally uninstalled and re-installed the gateway?  Also, are you using a proxy?  Problem of Proxy network when installing Power BI On-premise Data Gateway • Power BI Geeks (tringuye...

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @collinq 

By replying to your message I have repeated the process more than 3 times, I have also tried installing the Entreprise GW on Win Server 2016 the requirements.

I have no firewall or proxy locally, though I am still facing that issue

othy_bi_0-1627473157188.png

Thank you in advance

You appear to using a very old version of the Gateway, when I try and install it I get the following with the updated images

GilbertQ_0-1627522439867.png

Please download and install it from here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=2116849&clcid=0x409

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

I have been trying to install from this link 

Power BI Gateway – Enterprise : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=50033

When I install the Standard Gateway I don't get an option where I can register users who are allowed to use it ?!!

Thank you in advance.

Hi @DataVitalizer ,

As @GilbertQ pointed out, it appears you are using a version of gateway from 2016.  Please use the link that he sent to you.  After it is installed, you are able to determine which users can modify the gateway as gateway admins.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors