Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

deathseeker
Regular Visitor

Power BI Desktop Free vs Pro (companies & mobile)

Hi!!

Can you please help with 2 questions:

1. Power BI Desktop Free can be used by companies/enterprises of one person?

2. With Power BI Desktop Free is possible to share information/dashboards with Power BI Mobile, both of the same user?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @deathseeker

For question 2, if you mean can the user consume his own reports or dashboards on a mobile device, then I think that they can. Because the dashboard or report has not been shared with anyone.

As @v-huizhn-msft pointed out, if you want to share this, then you would need a pro license to share, as well as the people you are sharing it to, would also need a pro license.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

https://youtu.be/kKLKv4QPlxE

Good video explaining new licensing

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @deathseeker,

1. Yes, Power BI Desktop Free can be used by any person in companies/enterprises.

2. Free users can not share dashboard, whether you share content inside or outside your organization, you and your recipients need a Power BI Pro license. Dashboard sharing is now a Pro to Pro only feature based on my understanding.

Thanks,
Angelia

Hi @deathseeker

For question 2, if you mean can the user consume his own reports or dashboards on a mobile device, then I think that they can. Because the dashboard or report has not been shared with anyone.

As @v-huizhn-msft pointed out, if you want to share this, then you would need a pro license to share, as well as the people you are sharing it to, would also need a pro license.

Power BI Blog

Thank you @GilbertQ!!

So, for question 2, I will be able to work in my desktop and labtop, and still be able to see the outputs in my iphone and tablet?!?

Yes that is correct.

Power BI Blog

According to their announcement they have restricted only dashboard sharing option and not the power BI service or publishing in to service.

So technically you should be able to see all your dashboards on your mobile devices.

So you want be able to either share the dashboards which you have created or want be able to see the dashboards created by others.

1 (1).JPG

Power BI White Paper: https://aka.ms/pbipremiumwhitepaper

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors