Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nerra
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Deployment Pipelines

HI all,

I'm creating a POC for deploying pipelines.

My customer already has a couple of premium worskspaces created:

• Sales QA
  • Sales PROD

but they are not staged. these are just regular workspaces that reside on premium capacity.

I have downloaded the dataset and the report. Note: they are not using parameters.

QA dataset is pointed to the QA db. 

my questions are:

1. is there anyways I can stage the current workspace as prod? 

2. will the deployment pipeline always create the extra workspace?

3. if i wanted to deploy from non staged QA to non staged PROD, can I do it via deployment pipelines?

It looks to me like, Deployment pipelines and evironments should be created before any content is actually developed.

Regards,

Nerra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @itchyeyeballs ,

thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure I follow you. 

Anyhow... I've managed to assign the existing workspace as Production stage. And then I have deployed it to a previous stage as test. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nimrod_Shalit
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

@nerra@itchyeyeballs,

Also note that we are now working on the ability to assign workspaces to all stages- Deployment pipelines - assign a workspace to all pipeline stages - Power Platform Release Plan | Mic....

itchyeyeballs
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You can assign an existing workspace to new pipelines and chose which "stage" they are. Look for the "assign a workspace" button at the bottom when creating a new pipeline.

I don't think you can do this for more than one existing workspace per pipeline.

Be careful if mixing deploying via pipelines and publishing direct using desktop, you can end up with two reports with the same name!

HI @itchyeyeballs ,

thank you for your reply, but I'm not sure I follow you. 

Anyhow... I've managed to assign the existing workspace as Production stage. And then I have deployed it to a previous stage as test. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors