Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mjl8489
Regular Visitor

Power BI Dataflow "Param1 = Value cannot be null"

I am trying to create a Power BI dataflow using the Azure Analysis Services connector for the first time. Everything looks good when I'm building the dataflow, but I am unable to refresh at all. When I hit refresh it processes for about a second and returns an error - "Error: An internal error occurred.. Param1 = Value cannot be null."

I've tried removing blanks and nulls from the table, connecting to different tables in the same model, and deleting and recreating the dataflow, but nothing has any impact.

Has anyone experienced this error or have any ideas on what I could try to get the dataflow to refresh? I would really appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you!

Advanced Editor:

let
  Source = AnalysisServices.Databases("powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/procurement%20analyst%20reports"),
  #"Navigation 1" = Source{[Name = "Products and Orders"]}[Data],
  #"Navigation 2" = #"Navigation 1"{[Id = "Model"]}[Data],
  Model = #"Navigation 2"{[Id = "Model"]}[Data],
  #"Added items" = Cube.Transform(Model, {{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "[FactVendorPurchaseOrderItem]", {"[FactVendorPurchaseOrderItem].[ETA].[ETA]", "[FactVendorPurchaseOrderItem].[PurchaseOrderNumber].[PurchaseOrderNumber]"}, {"ETA", "PurchaseOrderNumber"}}}),
  #"Filtered rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Added items", each ([ETA] <> null) and ([PurchaseOrderNumber] <> null and [PurchaseOrderNumber] <> ""))
in
  #"Filtered rows"

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mjl8489 ,

Could you please tell me if you could refresh the dataflow successfully now? Because I suspect it may have been an accidental mistake.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors