Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anili
Frequent Visitor

Power BI App - When I refresh the dataset in the workspace, it automatically updates the App

Hi,

I have a workspace where my different project reports are saved. We have also created an app to show some of the reports in this workspace to a certain audience. When we refresh any of the dataset within the workspace, the app also automatically updates and shows the new data. I was under the impression that whatever I do within the workspace does not reflect to the app unless go and click on "Update App" button in the app page. 

The problem is, different teams are working on updating the report and we keep refreshing to see the final report until it is published. So ideally I want to be able to work in the workspace with people who has access. Then once all are finished, click on "Update App" so the final version is available within the app.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
m13eam
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi - you're not doing anything wrong but I think your understanding is slightly different from what really happens.

• Within a workspace app, dataset refreshes do reflect in the workspace app immediately.
  • If you change a definition of a report (i.e., change a visual) and republish it, these changes do not reflect in the workspace app until you click on "Update App".

I may not have fully understood the situation but perhaps you can create a duplicate of the datasets/reports that you do not include in the workspace app. Then you can refresh these often, but only refresh the dataset linked to the report in the workspace app once all teams have completed their updates?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors