Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

XIOFEN_LIM
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Admin how to get the owner of personal workspace

Hi,

Anyone know how to get the owner info from workspace ewhich is personal group type as highlighted below?

XIOFEN_LIM_0-1706599590518.png

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. What do you mean with owner info? the name of the owner of the personal workspace is right there.

If you need to view content of the workspace, as admin, you can grant you with temporal access to the workspace and check the content:

ibarrau_0-1706626807533.png

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau,

Yes, is to get the owner name.
But I did tried the method to get access but there is nothing to show in the details.

XIOFEN_LIM_1-1706666602151.png

Even when i opened that workspace, it is empty.

XIOFEN_LIM_2-1706666694435.png

But when i access from "Shared with me", there is actually a report under same owner.
And also I have no permission to access that report.

XIOFEN_LIM_3-1706666835766.png

May I know is there any way to trace back the owner based on onedrive ID or any??

If after you get access you can't read the name of the guest/user, then it might be an App. You can only know the app if you are global admin or have permission to check registered apps over EntraID.

You can open Portal Azure, go to Entra ID and check the apps. For example I have one persona workspace that starts with "49b0...", so I search that and find the app.

ibarrau_0-1706703835669.png

The creator of the app has used the name "aml-3b...." Depeding on the creator the name of the app.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau ,

But it is a report but not app. And I cant find the app.

Just in case, When I said App in Azure. That means a service account, also known as Service Principal. It's like a user. It's not a Power Bi App or something like that. So the ID: "e8424...." means a Service Principal (an account). That's why the name of the workspace starts like that. You said you where looking for the owner. Well, that's the account that owns the workspace and its reports.

I hope that make sense

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors