Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CEllis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI ALerts

I have a PPU licence and set the workspace to premium per user but I cant seem to get the workspace to work.

Do I need a differnt licence than PPU to use alerts ?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-alerts

CEllis_0-1709638946952.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. That doesn't look like a Dashboard alert but a report alert. The alert configured at reports are connected to Data Activator. Data Activator it's a Fabric service that can help configure triggers from a rule or condition.

If you want to create an alert like the one on the link you have sent, you should pin card, gauge or KPI to a dashboard. Then open the dashboard and click the three dots to configure the alert. That one works even for pro license.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

Hi. You are still on the report view. I can see that at the picture. If you read on the top right corner it says "Data Activator is in preview...."

When you pinn the visual to a dashboard. Then open the dashboard and "manage alerts". You should see something like this:

ibarrau_0-1709653329812.png

As you can see, the dashboard has a different menu when you "Manage Alert" from a card, kpi or gauge.

Remember:

•  A dashboard is a single screen with tiles of interactive visuals, text, and graphics. A dashboard collects your most important metrics, on one screen, to tell a story or answer a question. The dashboard content comes from one or more reports and one or more semantic models.

For more info, see Dashboards for the Power BI service business users.

•  A report is one or more pages of interactive visuals, text, and graphics that together make up a single report. Power BI bases a report on a single semantic model. Often, the designer organizes report pages to each address a central area of interest or answer a single question.

For more info, see Reports in Power BI.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

No. Data Activator is a service that comes with Fabric Capacity. It's still in preview for now, so we have to stay tuned for next steps, it might change in a future.

Regards

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. That doesn't look like a Dashboard alert but a report alert. The alert configured at reports are connected to Data Activator. Data Activator it's a Fabric service that can help configure triggers from a rule or condition.

If you want to create an alert like the one on the link you have sent, you should pin card, gauge or KPI to a dashboard. Then open the dashboard and click the three dots to configure the alert. That one works even for pro license.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hello @ibarrau ,

I want to ask about the alert through data activator, can i use it with PPU license ?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

No. Data Activator is a service that comes with Fabric Capacity. It's still in preview for now, so we have to stay tuned for next steps, it might change in a future.

Regards

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

@ibarrau I've done a test and its doing the same thing.

CEllis_0-1709652395717.png

Hi. You are still on the report view. I can see that at the picture. If you read on the top right corner it says "Data Activator is in preview...."

When you pinn the visual to a dashboard. Then open the dashboard and "manage alerts". You should see something like this:

ibarrau_0-1709653329812.png

As you can see, the dashboard has a different menu when you "Manage Alert" from a card, kpi or gauge.

Remember:

•  A dashboard is a single screen with tiles of interactive visuals, text, and graphics. A dashboard collects your most important metrics, on one screen, to tell a story or answer a question. The dashboard content comes from one or more reports and one or more semantic models.

For more info, see Dashboards for the Power BI service business users.

•  A report is one or more pages of interactive visuals, text, and graphics that together make up a single report. Power BI bases a report on a single semantic model. Often, the designer organizes report pages to each address a central area of interest or answer a single question.

For more info, see Reports in Power BI.

I hope that make sense

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors