Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

spandy34
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Power Automate email Report as pdf

Hi

I have created a Power Bi Flow to email a pdf copy of my report in the service to a user.  The user gets the email with attachement and the message etc but when they click on the pdf document they get the message below.  Any ideas where I am going wrong?  

spandy34_0-1705496517739.png

@amitchandak @tamerj1 @goncalogeraldes @danextian 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @spandy34 

With the information you provided me, I created a Test on Power Automate and was able to see that the PDF uploaded successfully!

vyilongmsft_0-1706082744899.png

vyilongmsft_1-1706082744903.png

I think your problem may be due to the fact that the file may be sent as a file rather than a PDF, before sending the file, make sure that the file extension is set to ".pdf", if you want to know more, you can view this document: Solved: Email attachment is a 'file' and not a PDF - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) If it still does not solve your problem, please provide me with more information.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

That's great it's worked .. I changed the file extension and it's worked . Thank you 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @spandy34 

With the information you provided me, I created a Test on Power Automate and was able to see that the PDF uploaded successfully!

vyilongmsft_0-1706082744899.png

vyilongmsft_1-1706082744903.png

I think your problem may be due to the fact that the file may be sent as a file rather than a PDF, before sending the file, make sure that the file extension is set to ".pdf", if you want to know more, you can view this document: Solved: Email attachment is a 'file' and not a PDF - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) If it still does not solve your problem, please provide me with more information.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That's great it's worked .. I changed the file extension and it's worked . Thank you 

edhans
Super User
Super User

I believe your best bet is to ask this on the Power Automate Community as there is likely a setting that needs to be changed or a different function used to provide the PDF. Microsoft Power Automate Community - Power Platform Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors