Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Paginated report- with PB dataset

I am given a PB dataset to build a report on. I get DAX expressions that are  behind some dimensions in that DS can I add report parameters to these expressions to filter data?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Markzolotoy ,

I am not sure about the title of your question along with the question.  I am not sure what you are referencing in regards to paginated reports.  But, based on your question, yes, you can reference a parameter in DAX.  This is one link that might help: How to reference a parameter to a DAX function ? - Microsoft Power BI Community  and so is this  Parameters in DAX Measures - SQLBI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@collinq I need to use paginated report's parameters with DAX expressions in Query Designer in a paginated report. Or build it interactively using custom filter expression.

Markzolotoy_0-1628622445347.png

When I go to Filter expression builder I dont see report parameters there.

Hey @Markzolotoy ,

How about this article - particularly the part about Parameter expressions - Expression examples in Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Docs ALso, this link has an example of this:  Solved: DAX for PowerBI Paginated Report - Multiple Values... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors