Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Paginated report- with PB dataset

I am given a PB dataset to build a report on. I get DAX expressions that are  behind some dimensions in that DS can I add report parameters to these expressions to filter data?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Markzolotoy ,

I am not sure about the title of your question along with the question.  I am not sure what you are referencing in regards to paginated reports.  But, based on your question, yes, you can reference a parameter in DAX.  This is one link that might help: How to reference a parameter to a DAX function ? - Microsoft Power BI Community  and so is this  Parameters in DAX Measures - SQLBI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@collinq I need to use paginated report's parameters with DAX expressions in Query Designer in a paginated report. Or build it interactively using custom filter expression.

Markzolotoy_0-1628622445347.png

When I go to Filter expression builder I dont see report parameters there.

Hey @Markzolotoy ,

How about this article - particularly the part about Parameter expressions - Expression examples in Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Docs ALso, this link has an example of this:  Solved: DAX for PowerBI Paginated Report - Multiple Values... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors