Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

uahmed114pbi
Frequent Visitor

PBI gateway setup works fine for me but doesn't appear for other users

Hello,  We had our infratstructure admin's setup an data gateway for us, which is working great. I'm a PBI admin and I was added to the data gateway as an admin and I could see it just fine, it's available to me when I go into a semantic model's settings and click on "Gateway and cloud connections", I see the data gateway available to me. However, for another user, it's not appearing. I added them to the gateway as an admin, I tried adding them as the "connection creator" and "connection creator with resharing" options, none of them worked. Currently, they are set as admin yet they cannot see the gateway option listed when they go to the Gateway and cloud connections settings. see below:

uahmed114pbi_0-1715724124838.png

They own the dataset as well, and yet it doesnt appear for them. If I take ownership, I see the option. Anything else I need to do  for them to have access to it?

4 REPLIES 4
blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Instead of granting them permission on the gateway, try granting them user access on the gateway connections.

The user used to have a gateway on their own laptop which they were using initially, I found out recently and decided that we should have an actual gateway setup properly on the server instead of on someones PC and so they can use that. The personal gateway used to work for them, but this one isnt. I'm not even the one who created the gateway yet I can see it. But they can't. 

Yeah I did that as well. It was still the same. I created a connection to a SQL database using the gateway, and then added the user to it and still it won't show up for them. 

The only other thing I can think of is to make sure that the sql server and database name match exactly between what was setup for the connection and that used in the dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors