Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Gaelou

On-premises Gateway - ldap account lock

Hello,

I have an issue with enterprise gateway installation and my ldap account is frequently locked.

3 years ago, I installed an on-premises gateway and I have to used my account to login throuth proxy and Azure to create the data gateway. With the new security policy of my company, my ldap account is frequently (more or less every 5 min) locked : it's due to wrong password usage on proxy (password saved somewhere...). I upgraded on-premises gateway (uninstall, remove installation directory, install new version) with March 2022 version, used a generic account to connect to Azure, created a new data gateway, but I still have this issue...

Do you have any idea how to resolve it ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Gael

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gaelou 

What I would do is to go into the Power BI Gateway settings and view all the installed gateways there.

Make sure that you have uninstalled all those gateways.

If you still have the issue of your account being locked out I would suggest that some other application has it saved somewhere.

At that point I would try and work with your Account Admin to see what are the sources for authentication your account is coming from!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for your reply !

I removed the old gateway instance but the issue is still there. I know the lock issue is coming from this server and only Gateway program has been installed on it.

Hi @Gaelou 

Could you make sure all the data sources connected to the dataset in the PBI Service are also deleted?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert,

When I removed the old data gateway, all data source connected to this data gateway were removed automatically.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors