Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

darynv_za
Advocate I
Advocate I

On-premises Data Gateway tenant migration

We have had to move to a new tenant, I am not worried about the data, but is there a way to migrate the gateway and it's associated permissions and mappings? I have around 6- users that are mapped with old credentials to database credentials and also that have permissions to access the os-premises gateway server. Is ther a simple tool to migrate these settings or does this all need to be done from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darynv_za,

From your description, it seems that you want to migrate the Power BI service tenant from one geo-region to another, right?

Based on my research, all gateways associated with Power BI, PowerApps, Flow, and Logic Apps will need to be renewed after the re-mapping has been completed. So we can't migrate on-premise data gateway settings during the time migrate Power BI tenant. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darynv_za,

From your description, it seems that you want to migrate the Power BI service tenant from one geo-region to another, right?

Based on my research, all gateways associated with Power BI, PowerApps, Flow, and Logic Apps will need to be renewed after the re-mapping has been completed. So we can't migrate on-premise data gateway settings during the time migrate Power BI tenant. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors