Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iversa
Helper I
Helper I

Not being able to print reports

The absolute most frustrating part about PowerBI is that we can't print reports. When searching I see that I'm not alone!! Please, Microsoft PowerBI team are you listing to users or simply ignoring us? If you have no intentions to add the print functionality please state so. Then we at least I can move on 

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi iversa,

Power bi service support printing reports now though the reports can be printed one page at a time. Please follow steps below:

• Open the report in either Reading View or Editing View.
  • Select File > Print to print the current report page.

power-bi-print.png 

• The Print window for your browser opens.

If you want to just print a visual in your report, follow two steps:

• Open the visual in Focus mode by hovering over the tile and selecting the Focus icon Focus icon from the top-right corner.
  • Follow steps 2-3 under Print a report page above.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you for your response Jimmy but that is not what I call printing a report. That is like taking a screenshot plus I have to then manually scroll to where I think the next page starts. My report would be 10 pages if I had a way to print it

Plus this is what it looks like when I print a page on an 8.5 x 11. Please don't tell me that this is printing a report. I can do much better by using taking a screenshot

Please Jimmy don't tell me that this is is how I would print a 10-page report. Your response makes it even more frustrating

print report in powerbi.png

It would help too if the data could be exported to Excel and print from there. It has the option to Analyze the data in Excel but that does not return the data they way I see it in the report that I created in PowerBI

Hi iversa,

Yes, you can export underly data to exel file from a visual in power bi service, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-export-data.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

It does not export the data in the way as I have in my report

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors