Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jcoolen09
Regular Visitor

No Windows Authentication in Edit Credentials

I had no issues with refreshing and connecting my report when using it on Power Bi Desktop, however when I publish the report, it is unable to refresh because it cannot connect to a data source. This data source uses Windows authentication in Power Bi Desktop, but that isn't an option in Edit Credentials in the Power Bi service when published. 

In Power Bi Desktop, within Transform Data , there are steps that will get a token (using Windows Authentication), and then pass that token to the next source. This works in desktop, but I am unable to get a token when it is published. Can anyone help?

Data source settings (all works in Power Bi Desktop)

jcoolen09_0-1711483512317.pngjcoolen09_1-1711483542411.png

After publishing, in Power Bi Service (unable to connect, and no option of Windows Auth)

jcoolen09_2-1711483667933.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcoolen09 

Unfortunately Web URL sources do not support Windows Authentication. You would need to chat to your provider and see if they have an alternative authentication method with one of the support methods.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcoolen09 

Unfortunately Web URL sources do not support Windows Authentication. You would need to chat to your provider and see if they have an alternative authentication method with one of the support methods.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors