Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kiwii
Regular Visitor

New visual/page/filter from Power Desktop is not showing on Power BI Web

Hello all,

I have made some changes in Power BI Desktop to the report (added filters, new visual, new page). When I hit the refresh visuals button on Power BI Web, these changes are not showing on Power BI Web. Data refresh is working good though (the "old" visuals on the web are updated if data change).

Currently I had to publish the report again to have also visuals/pages there that I created later after first publishing. I am searching for the solution that I wouldnt have to publish it over and over again.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @kiwii ,

if you change the content of the report (visuals, etc.) you have to publish the report again to the workspace. If you are using a Power BI App to share the content with other users you also have to update the app.

The "Refresh" button only "refreshes" the existing visuals in case there is more current data available.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kiwii
Regular Visitor

thank you very much, I understand that now. 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @kiwii ,

if you change the content of the report (visuals, etc.) you have to publish the report again to the workspace. If you are using a Power BI App to share the content with other users you also have to update the app.

The "Refresh" button only "refreshes" the existing visuals in case there is more current data available.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors