Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MattKarriker2
Helper II
Helper II

New Audience and hidden reports

We are testing the new app audience feature and have come into an issue that hopefully someone has resovled.  In the old workspace apps we include paginated reports in the app but keep them hidden from the navigation pane.  We use these reports for drill thru detail and are of little use by themselves. Some have difficulty rendering without proper filtering due to large data volumns and is the reason we hide them in the navigation pane.    

With the app audience designations we have included the reports in the app and have them hidden just we did before.  However now when a user tries to drill thru to the pagianted report they receive an error "Sorry we couldnt find that report". 

Has anyone found a workaround for this situation?

MattKarriker2_0-1663357382451.png

4 REPLIES 4
rappleton
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi there, I am just trying to find out if these issues have all been resolved now?

An update would be really helpful as we have be holding back from enabling this feature across multiple apps in a large organisation so the ramifications are massive if they haven't been resolved. Thank you

tonyrogersonsql
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here; wish I hadn't turned it on!! 

We pass a parameter into the report otherwise all the visuals doing a direct query kill the performance because it's basically going against big tables with no restriction criteria.

This is really poor; no way I can see to rollback from using the new interface either.

Will raise an incident.

nbjdeunk
Frequent Visitor

We have almost the same problem.

We created a few dashboards with detail reports underneath. In the old experience, we set the reports hidden in the navigation pane and used the dashboards for navigation. That was perfect for our use case.

With the new audiences we can't use it in that way anymore.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That is a known unintended side effect of the new audience feature implementation. You can no longer use that loophole.  You can raise an issue at https://issues.powerbi.com . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors