Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

benice25
Frequent Visitor

NEED HELP: App's Left Nav NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

I recently made a bunch of reports for a large planning session / work management changes for the company and they wanted the reports to be grouped in certain categories on the left side of the page. I have that setup here, the entire powerbi file is the Portfolio Dashboard on the bottom, and then I have all the reports (pages) split out into their own categories but when I update the app, I ONLY see the portfolio dashboard, none of the other categories.

getHelp.PNG

This is what it looks like after updating the app...

getHelp2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @benice25 ,

Yes, that is correct - 20 reports to break it into 20 categories.  Please look for an idea if it exists or add one for this feature and let us know here about the idea and we can all vote for it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @benice25 ,

The navigation pane and publishing the app are actually working as designed.  When you create a new section you have to put the report itself UNDER that section.  Like this where I created the section called "Section One Test" and then dragged the report under it,

collinq_0-1690997438072.png

And then it shows in the App like this:

collinq_1-1690997564894.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks for that quick response, @collinq.

So you're saying there is no way to categorize the 20 some pages in the report, you can only categorize the report as a whole?

So if I want to break the navigation out (like they want for the requirements) I'm going to have to build 20 data models to handle 20 seperate reports just so I can group them together?

Seems like a pretty large miss by the PowerBI developers to me, that should be pretty standard functionality included in the very first 1.0 release years ago...

Hey @benice25 ,

Yes, that is correct - 20 reports to break it into 20 categories.  Please look for an idea if it exists or add one for this feature and let us know here about the idea and we can all vote for it.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors