Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Chema_Ortega
Helper III
Helper III

MySQL credentials not working in Data Gateway

Hello everybody,

I hope you are great!!!

I am trying to configure the data gateway for the data refresh- All files (Sharepoint and Onedrive Excel files) are connecting correctly, but when I try to configure MySql, it gets waiting for ever... Do you know how do I configure it? Thanks a lot!!!!

Chema_Ortega_3-1664813550448.png

Chema_Ortega_4-1664813641588.png

Note: the servers bame and the database are OK. They get refreshed from the Desktop.

I have tried both types of authentication (basic and Windows without suplantation), andthe 4 different privacity levels:

Thanks a lot. Best regards,

Chema Ortega

2 REPLIES 2
Chema_Ortega
Helper III
Helper III

Hello Yadong,

Thanks a lot. I go to the link you posted, and the only downloads available are 32 bits. Also, there is one 5 mb link, and another 400 mb link...

Do you know which one is the one I have to install ?

Anyway, I think I already installed one of those at the beginnig of the project. If I try to refresh data from my computer, from Power BI desktop, there is no problem at all. The problem comes when I try to configure the data gateway. I cannot make it work.

Thanks a lot!!!

Chema_Ortega_0-1665124583285.png

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chema_Ortega ,

Have you installed this driver https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

Select the driver that matches your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit), Install this and restart the computer. 

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors