Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

harbour_service
Regular Visitor

Multiple "Can't Refresh dataflow" when clicking refreshing dataflow once

Hello, Long time listener, first time poster. I get a weird "Can't Refresh Dataflow" message (below) when I click on one of dataflows (connected to the data gateway). It pops up 3 times, even though I only clicked it once. Also, when I try to refresh a second dataflow (different than the first) the pop up comes up 3 times. 

Furthermore, even though the manual refresh fails, it continues to try multiple times without me clicking, which also results in the error pop ups coming up every time it automatically attempts a "manual" data refresh. Image below shows all the attempts, but I only tried once at 1035. 

The fact that the dataflow is not refreshing is a seperate issue that popped up about 2 weeks after this first weird issues started (at first the dataflow would still refresh, despite getting multiple of these error messages. 

PLEASE HELP. 

harbour_service_0-1621096603818.png

harbour_service_1-1621096709424.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
harbour_service
Regular Visitor

This solution seems to have resolved itself. Logged on today and it was no longer doing this. Likely due to an upgrade I was told about for dataflow last week. thank you all for your thought. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
harbour_service
Regular Visitor

This solution seems to have resolved itself. Logged on today and it was no longer doing this. Likely due to an upgrade I was told about for dataflow last week. thank you all for your thought. 

harbour_service
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-xulin-mstf This issue is still ongoing. Scheduled refreshes go through no issues. We're working with Microsoft support to try to fix the issue. Stay tuned. 

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harbour_service,

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt your solution to help others.

Thanks! 😉

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harbour_service,

Could you successfully configure scheduled refreshes for this dataflow?

Not sure what caused the issue, maybe you can refer this related post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Cannot-refresh-or-save-dataflow-Cannot-acquire-lock-for-mod...

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors