Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KatieCollins23

Multi-row card as a filter

I am creating a dashboard to show our projects by year, month and day. I have my year field in a multi-row card and I am able to use it as a filter for the rest of my dashboard. The same multi-row card for Month will not filter. The month filter pane shows it has a basic filter. I can select the month in other parts of my dashboard and the month filter works. These filters also have a basic filter so I thought this multi-row card would work.

Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Card visuals are not interactive, and thus cannot filter the data model.

Thanks for the response.  I know the card visual isn't interactive but it seems that the multi-row card visual is interactive. I can use the mullti-row card to filter/slice the rest of my dashboard with the year multi-row card. When I add the quarter field to my month multi-row card then it filters/slices the rest of my dashboard, but I was looking for a way to do it without the quarter field added for a cleaner look.

KatieCollins23_0-1695037604352.png

Play with the "show items with no data"  settings. That may be the reason why it looks like the visual is filtering.

Is this available on Power BI service? I've created this dashboard by integrating a SharePoint list with Power BI and I am finding that I don't have as many options to change.

yes, available in Edit mode on the workspace

lbendlin_0-1695232430117.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors