Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vuyala
Frequent Visitor

The On-premises data gateway installation has failed

Hi ,
Grretings for the day!
I am trying to installing the gateway in my machine but am facing problem.
Can you please help me on this.

In my system below two are displaying disable mode:
Use your data gateway (personal mode)
Use a data gateway
hence i cant able seleting the any one of them
and when am trying to installing saying that :

It looks like you are trying to reinstall. Please uninstall the current version first.
here i uninstalled and again installed eventhough same problem

note: below msg displaying under data source settings
You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway.
This dataset has been configured by ********

Refresh history
Gateway connection
To use a data gateway, make sure the computer is online and the data source is added in Manage Gateways.
A new personal gateway is available to connect to on-premises data.Install nowLearn more
Use a data gateway. Thanking you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vuyala,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help of this issue. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
hiralsoni_001
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

I am also facing the same issue while installing the gateway.

To install on-premises data gateway(sharing mode) - do we need to have Power BI service PRO version?? As I am using the free trial version.

Please help its very critical.

Thanks in advance.

vuyala
Frequent Visitor

Hi ,
Grretings for the day!
I am trying to installing the gateway in my machine but am facing problem.
Can you please help me on this.

In my system below two are displaying disable mode:
Use a data gateway
hence i cant able seleting the any one of them
and when am trying to installing saying that :

It looks like you are trying to reinstall. Please uninstall the current version first.
here i uninstalled and again installed eventhough same problem

note: below msg displaying under data source settings
You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway.
This dataset has been configured by ********

Refresh history
Gateway connection
To use a data gateway, make sure the computer is online and the data source is added in Manage Gateways.
A new personal gateway is available to connect to on-premises data.Install nowLearn more
Use a data gateway. Thanking you !

Hi @vuyala,

Have you installed the on-premise data gateway successfully? If not, please share installer log with us as suggested here

%localappdata%\Temp\On-premises_data_gateway_*.log

Also please note to install latest on-premise data gateway here follow this article

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

below message  i got::

"gateway is configured correctly but is unreachable due to local network connectivity problems" also find attacheError.pngd snip

vuyala
Frequent Visitor

This is not yet resolved, can you please help me on this?

Hi @vuyala,

Please check these: 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/#firewall-or-proxy

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/#forcing-https-communicatio...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi  ,

thanks for reply

i have gone through the url but not able to resolve it.Below is the screen shot what i am getting error in the pbi server.Untitled.png

and also check below snap,here start /stop oprtoin is not avalable -is cause for this one? or is firewall issue?Untitled1.pngplease help us

Hi @vuyala,

Please launch the on-premise data gateway, then click Sign in use the Power BI service account then choose "migrate, restore, or take over an existing gateway" option. See: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem/#install-the-on-premises-da...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

hi,

This is firewall issue.

Actually it is working fine with my mobile data network but when i am going to try compnay network its not.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Raju V

Hi @vuyala,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help of this issue. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

i m facing same problem plzzz help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors