Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sgallo
Advocate III
Advocate III

Models fail to refresh and take longer

Hi,

Over the last few weeks I have noticed a deterioration in the model refresh performance.

Today, I noticed that all my models have failed to refresh after many hours of loading.

Not sure if anyone is experiencing anything similar.

I have tried with old gateways and new ones. Also trying on desketop but the connection times out after a bit and it fails to refresh.

Any help is appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
sgallo
Advocate III
Advocate III

I am getting the following error in Power BI when refreshing a model: Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Microsoft SQL: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Class","detail":{"type":1,"value":"11"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"SQL"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"gails-sql-pool.database.windows.net;gails-reporting-new-model"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Number","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: DimDepartments

Where the table at the end, keeps changing as it was DimTime and FactSales in other refresh

Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi sgallo

Can you provide additional information about your capacity setup?

Are you on a Premium Capacity? And if you are, are you monitoring the activities of the capacity?

If you are on a Premium Capacity, and you observe poor performance, it could be because other content on your capacity is eating up all other available resources.

If you are not on a Premium Capacity, but are instead on a Shared Capacity, it is not uncommon to see performance fluctiations, however it would be odd to see a sudden increase of many hours as you seem to experience.

I am Premium user. I am not experiencing capacity issues from what I can see as some models that usually would take a few minutes, are now failing after one hour or refreshing.

Moreover, I tried to publish the simpler models in another workspace and see if it improves but with little to no luck so far.

Not sure if there is anything else I could try that i am missing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors