Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

niksok11
Frequent Visitor

Mobile View with Power BI Embedded

Hi,

My Workspace has a Premium Capacity and I have Power BI Embedded. I created a report that will be displayed on Mobile phones. I embedded the report and got the URL link, but when I am sending this link to myself and opening it on my mobile phone it is still showing Desktop View. Is it possible to set mobile display view as deafult when opening through the browser on mobile phone? My management doesn't have a Power BI Pro, so due to the fact that I have only Power BI Embedded license I am pretty sure that they will be unable to see the report in Power BI mobile app, am I right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @niksok11 

Typically, Power BI reports automatically adapt to a mobile view in a mobile browser. Your report will still appear in desktop view in the browser, perhaps because of the way your report is designed or embedded, make sure your report has a responsive design so that it looks good on different screen sizes. You can also try modifying the embed code to add some metadata and parameters that indicate that the report is displayed in mobile view on mobile devices.

If your executive doesn't have a Power BI Pro license, they won't be able to view the report in the mobile app. The Power BI Mobile App requires a Pro license to access the reports. However, they should be able to view the embedded report in a mobile browser.

Perhaps the link below will help you:

Frequently asked questions about Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @niksok11 

Typically, Power BI reports automatically adapt to a mobile view in a mobile browser. Your report will still appear in desktop view in the browser, perhaps because of the way your report is designed or embedded, make sure your report has a responsive design so that it looks good on different screen sizes. You can also try modifying the embed code to add some metadata and parameters that indicate that the report is displayed in mobile view on mobile devices.

If your executive doesn't have a Power BI Pro license, they won't be able to view the report in the mobile app. The Power BI Mobile App requires a Pro license to access the reports. However, they should be able to view the embedded report in a mobile browser.

Perhaps the link below will help you:

Frequently asked questions about Power BI embedded analytics - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors