Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JAnsc
Helper I
Helper I

Missing 'More Options' ellipsis icon in Power BI Service & Visualise List integration with MS Lists

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help re- Power BI Service & Visualise List integration with MS Lists. In the Visualisations section, despite toggling the More Options icon to On, that ellipsis icon won't show up at top right on the visualisation in the reading view.  Screenshot below.  Any suggestions gratefully received - thank you. 

Missing More Options ellipsis icon at top rightMissing More Options ellipsis icon at top right

16 REPLIES 16
breiney
Frequent Visitor

I have a user experiencing this same issue. Did you ever figure out what was causing the missing ellipsis?

Hello @breiney - no, unfortunately not - we have very few IT staff in my organisation with knowledge of the Power BI environment and the information they did find out (environment ID listed in this thread) was I think probably not what colleagues in this forum who were helping with this thread needed.  I wish you more luck than I've had - please do share any progress!  Sorry not to be able to help more. 

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JAnsc 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If you go to Power BI Service, and open the source report, does More Options icon exists?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaotang, many thanks for replying. 

When I go to Power BI Service, unfortunately the report doesn't appear in my workspace or anywhere else, so I don't know where it is or how to open it - apart from via Microsoft Lists. 

Best wishes, 

Jon

Hi @JAnsc  

Thanks for your reply.

Under normal circumstances, visual has the icon of more option(see picture below).vxiaotang_0-1656481255832.png

If you want to continue troubleshooting, see below,

(1) What is the type of that visual?

(2) Could you contact the Admin and view the source report on the Power BI Service? This is important for us to identify the problem. Thanks.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiaotang, many thanks - 

1) The visual is a matrix.

2) Which Admin are you referring to - do you mean the internal O365 administrator for my organisation..? 

Best wishes, Jon 

Hi @JAnsc 

Thanks for your reply.

The administrator I am talking about is the one who knows which workspace of the service this report is in, and has permission to open it on the service. Then we can go and determine what went wrong, the report itself on the Service or the Miscorsoft Lists.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-xiaotang, our site admin has now confirmed the location of the workspace of the service this report is in - the environment ID is:

a839f81b-c178-4696-8a68-9c2ee7e7c023

Apologies for the long delay in coming back with this info - we have very few IT staff involved with Power BI.  

Many thanks again for any further help you can offer. 

Hi @v-xiaotang

Many thanks for clarifying - I'll find that out and will come back to you.  

Best regards,

Jon

Hi @v-xiaotang, our site admin has now confirmed the location of the workspace of the service this report is in - the environment ID is:

a839f81b-c178-4696-8a68-9c2ee7e7c023

Apologies for the long delay in coming back with this info - we have very few IT staff involved with Power BI.  

Many thanks again for any further help you can offer. 

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @JAnsc ,

make sure to enable the 'header icons':

Smalfly_0-1656081403417.png

So first select the table, than go to format your visual and turn on the header icons.

Hi Smalfly, 

Unfortunately I've already enabled header icons, but the problem persists. 

Thank you very much though for your quick response.

You're welcome. Did you also enable export in the report settings?

Select File > Options and Settings > Options > Current File > Report Settings > enable “Allow End Users to Export Both Summarized and Underlying Data from the Service.”

Hi @Smalfly ,

Thank you - unfortunately I don't seem to have access to the menu pathway you describe - I'm actually accessing Power BI solely through the Integrate > Power BI > Visualize the list  option provided within Microsoft Lists (screenshot below): 

JAnsc_0-1656083216826.png

When I'm editing the Power BI visualisation, my File menu only offers 3 options as per screenshot below: 

JAnsc_1-1656083408780.png

Best wishes, Jon 

I have the exact same issue.

I found out that when you "visualize the list" for the first time, those options are available. You can customize the appearance of your charts. But the moment you save it, it's gone forever. 

Seems to be a bug. Have you found a solution?

Hello @wsegatto, apologies for the very long gap in replies - no, I've drawn a blank on this one unfortunately so am no longer pursuing a solution (although would be great if one shows up in future of course!)  All best, Jon 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors