Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

proka
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft.PowerBI.API not working anymore (!?) - it just hangs.

Hi,

I haven't modified my code in months, and yet, since a few days ago, the reports stopped working 😞

I don't even get a timeout, it just hangs.

It hapens when I am tring to render a report (GetReportInGroup) or when I try to get the reports list (PowerBIClient.Reports.GetReportsInGroup)

There's no error message, nothing, it just hangs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
proka
Frequent Visitor

I've "Fixed it"

From the NuGet Packages, I've downgraded Microsoft.Rest.ClientRuntime from 2.3.13 to 2.3.12 and now it works perfectly.

Anyone from Microsoft to handle/explain this?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
proka
Frequent Visitor

I've "Fixed it"

From the NuGet Packages, I've downgraded Microsoft.Rest.ClientRuntime from 2.3.13 to 2.3.12 and now it works perfectly.

Anyone from Microsoft to handle/explain this?

Alezis
Frequent Visitor

Great to have it fixed. I checked we use Microsoft.Rest.ClientRuntime 2.0.1.

Alezis
Frequent Visitor

I came across at similar behaviour for another call CloneReportInGroupAsync. It hangs and nothing happened. ut once I checked HTTP call with PostMan it returned some 4XX (don't remember exactly) error. Then I changed a bit parameters and it start working. So, possible, but I'm not sure, its bug with processing status codes in SDK. 

Also I used Async version of methods.

proka
Frequent Visitor

What do you mean by "I changed a bit parameters"?

Alezis
Frequent Visitor

In my case I didn't pass optional arguments, but once I set up it explicitly it start working. In you code you pass only workspace id (group id), so just check is it valid. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors