Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Microsoft Office 365 Education and E5

Hi there,

This might not be the best place to post... however I am trying to understand if Power BI Pro is included in Microsoft Office 365 Education or just in the paid for Microsoft Office 365 Education E5? 

The following weblink does not clarify: https://products.office.com/en-gb/academic/compare-office-365-education-plans

I suspect the answer is that the Pro version is in E5 only - but does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

I get the information about Office 365 and Power BI Pro license internally. Currently, Only Office 365 Enterprise E5 has Power BI pro. The Office 365 Education E5 is free already, and it doesn't have Power BI pro. If you have another subscriptions except Office 365 Enterprise E5,  you need to purchase Power BI Pro license extra follow this article:  Purchasing Power BI Pro.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sammustar

This version of the office is my favorite! I use it a lot for my study. There's more information that I wrote about my experience with it at my Blogspot, I hope that you will find it useful! I believe that we should share our experience with others. Who knows, it can be a great help for somebody.

This pro helps me to work! I'm so grateful for that as I work at an online writing service  https://au.papersowl.com/essay-help where you can buy your paperwork. We have a very big experience working with different programmes but Office 365  was the best that happened to me.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Power BI is currently available as part of the Office 365 Enterprise E5 version. It means Power BI is not available in Office 365 Education. For more information, please refer to links below:

Power BI Service Description

Compare Office 365 for Business plans

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun_Yu

I'm sorry but I'm not entirely clear what you mean. I am interested in Power BI Pro and whether it is included in the standard Education version or whether it is just in the Education E5 version. It is not clear from documentation on Microsoft's website.  Please see the following:

https://products.office.com/en-sg/academic/compare-office-365-education-plans 

Interestingly, this description "Analytics tools for personal and organizational insights with Power BI and Delve Analytics" is identical in both Office 365 E5 and Office 365 Education E5, which makes me think that Power BI Pro is only in E5 for both business and education.

It would be great though to get confirmation.

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous,

I get the information about Office 365 and Power BI Pro license internally. Currently, Only Office 365 Enterprise E5 has Power BI pro. The Office 365 Education E5 is free already, and it doesn't have Power BI pro. If you have another subscriptions except Office 365 Enterprise E5,  you need to purchase Power BI Pro license extra follow this article:  Purchasing Power BI Pro.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

I do have a Office 365 Enterprise E5 subscription on one of my account added recently. Prior to that I registered for Pro Trial version. Beging on E5 subsciption, power bi settings pages show me that I am on Pro Trail (35 days left).

Why is it not showing me that I am on PRO license now or it will get updated after 35 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Qiuyun Yu! That's good to know.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I think that the link you provided makes it pretty clear:

Analytics tools for personal and organizational insights with Power BI and Delve Analytics

This is only available for the E5, not the free version. I am very certain of this because the free version of Power BI is available to anyone so there would be no reason to say that this was included with only the E5 version unless it was referring to the Pro version of Power BI. Also, this is anagolous to the Commercial E3 versus E5. Power BI Pro is included in the Commercial E5 license and not in the Commercial E3 license.

P.S. I am not a Microsoft licensing expert nor do I play one on TV.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks smoupre, that's exactly where I got to as well.

Perhaps there is someone out there who is using the package in Education and could confirm our understanding?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors