Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheNicco75

Metric Scorecard available direct connection reports and apps not working

Hi, I am setting up a Metric KPI Scorecard for our organization, using Direct Connections as much as possible.

From start I was able to access and connect to all Apps and Reports that I have access to across our organizations and departments, and connect data/metrics. But suddenly reports and apps available to connect is very limited, and no one in our IT or Analytics team can give an answer on why.

I can open the reports I want to connect to, but when clicking the Connect option on a Metric, I do not have them available any more (happened over night).

Anyone have an idea of what kind of access control and levels this could be related to?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheNicco75 ,

This seems to be a known issue. Please refer to the workaround.

1. To users who has direct access or permission to the report or apps
- Go to the report you would like to connect
- Let your computer fully load this report, don't refresh the page. Go back to your scorecard, you should be able to see the apps been listed from the dialog.

2. To all kinds of users
- Disable the subfolder in workspace feature by turning off the feature switch. Paste the feature flag at the end of your url "&subfolderInWorkspace=0". Please note, '&' is required at here.
- Hit 'Enter' key to reload your Power BI.
- Go to your scorecard and metrics, click ' connect to data', you should be able to see the apps will be listed from the dialog

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi, 

This worked for me as well. Found the apps and reports I needed and was able to connect to metric in scorecard with this URL addition.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheNicco75 ,

This seems to be a known issue. Please refer to the workaround.

1. To users who has direct access or permission to the report or apps
- Go to the report you would like to connect
- Let your computer fully load this report, don't refresh the page. Go back to your scorecard, you should be able to see the apps been listed from the dialog.

2. To all kinds of users
- Disable the subfolder in workspace feature by turning off the feature switch. Paste the feature flag at the end of your url "&subfolderInWorkspace=0". Please note, '&' is required at here.
- Hit 'Enter' key to reload your Power BI.
- Go to your scorecard and metrics, click ' connect to data', you should be able to see the apps will be listed from the dialog

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

This worked for me as well. Found the apps and reports I needed and was able to connect to metric in scorecard with this URL addition.

This seems to work for me.

I go to the scorecard, add "&subfolderInWorkspace=0" to the URL and reload the page.

Then I can see apps again.

Later this week I'll check if I can update the KPI's.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheNicco75 ,

Are there any error messages reported? Or can you provide relevant screenshot information?

Best Regards

Hi, yes as @FrederikDp also mentions in his post regarding this I get error message claiming I have to request access to reports I already have access to (at least viewing rights), and also all the Apps previously accessible for me to navigate and connect to are now missing.

Favorites and Apps lost PBI 2.jpgFavorites and Apps lost PBI.jpg

When selecting "All reports", every report has this "error" saying I need to request access, while I already have access.

When selecting "Apps", it doesn't show any apps.

scorecard error.JPGscorecard error2.JPG

FrederikDp
Regular Visitor

We have the exact same issue.

I have set up multiple scorecards in the past.

Since this morning, I can't see any of my apps when connecting a KPI to a report.

At least comforting to see that is wasn´t just a me problem, but maybe more a Microsoft change and issue. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors